Photon Energy Win Big at the Solar & Storage Awards 2019
Photon Energy picked up the coveted award for ‘Contractor Of The Year’ at the Solar & Storage Live Awards in Birmingham on the 18th September 2019.
After being in the running for the last few years, Photon Energy finally won the big prize against leading competitors for Contractor of the Year award. Held annually, these much-coveted awards recognise the best in the industry across a variety of categories.
About Our Work
The last twelve years have seen Photon Energy grow steadily to a 40-strong outfit, comprised of highly qualified graduate electrical and mechanical engineers, electricians and roofers, supported by a small sales and administrative team.
Photon Energy has also been very actively engaged with the broader solar PV industry through engagement with the trade association and standards organisations. The company has been an active member of the Solar Trade Association (STA) since 2007 and our Managing Director, Jonathan Bates, has been an elected Board member of the STA since April 2013.
Furthermore, we only use top quality products in our installations and work closely with our supply chain which include recognised companies such as Trina Solar and Sunpower for PV modules, Solar Edge and Huawei for inverters and K2 for mounting systems and Viridian Solar for integrated systems.
Photon Energy has installed over 45MW of solar PV that will generate an estimated 38 GWh of clean electricity each year (enough energy for ~10,000 homes). Our PV installations have resulted in a reduction of some 19 million tonnes of CO₂ emissions/year.
We’d like to thank all our staff for their hard work and the judges at the Solar & Storage Awards. Congrats to all the winners.
- 23 Sep 2019 Photon Energy Win Big at the Solar & Storage Awards 2019 23 Sep 2019
- 19 Aug 2019 Photon Energy's 108kWp installation is back at Bournemouth University 19 Aug 2019
- 6 Feb 2019 Solar plus storage pilot project for Prologis 6 Feb 2019
- 4 Dec 2018 Photon install 384 kWp of SunPower for Cambridge University 4 Dec 2018
- 23 Oct 2018 Photon Energy win SPP Award for best residential array 23 Oct 2018
- 1 Oct 2018 242 kWp Solar PV installation for NW Bicester Eco Town 1 Oct 2018
- 29 Jun 2018 Tesla Powerpacks installed for Manchester Science Park 29 Jun 2018
- 2 Apr 2018 BAM Energy funds 140 kWp solar PV array for Three Rivers Academy 2 Apr 2018
- 8 Nov 2017 SunPower for Coventry Uni's Science and Health Building 8 Nov 2017
- 4 Sep 2017 Photon install solar PV for High Speed Rail training college 4 Sep 2017